I haven't found my Atlas yet; but I had the courage to leave my Ryle



In the vast landscape of relationships, we often find ourselves searching for someone who can shoulder our burdens, lift us when we’re down, and be our unwavering support a partner who embodies the strength of Atlas. But the journey to find that person is often fraught with detours, leading us into the arms of those who may not be right for us. 

I haven't found my Atlas yet, but I did find a Ryle, someone who, at first glance, seemed to be everything I needed. He was charming, strong, and seemingly dependable. But as time passed, the cracks began to show, revealing that beneath the facade was someone who was not capable of bearing the weight of our relationship. Ryle was not my Atlas; he was a temporary shelter in a storm, not the steady foundation I needed.

It takes courage to admit when something isn’t working, especially when you’ve invested time, emotion, and dreams into it. The fear of the unknown can be paralyzing. We stay because we’re afraid of being alone, of starting over, or of never finding the person who can truly be our Atlas. But staying in a relationship that drains you is far worse than being alone. It's a slow erosion of your spirit, and it takes immense strength to walk away from that.

Leaving Ryle was not easy. It was a decision that came with tears, doubt, and moments of questioning my own judgment. But in the end, it was the right choice. I realized that holding onto something or someone just because they’re there is not a good enough reason. We deserve more than just a warm body beside us; we deserve someone who truly lifts us up.

In leaving Ryle, I chose myself. I chose to protect my heart, my peace, and my future. I chose to believe that my Atlas is out there, even if I haven’t found him yet. More importantly, I chose to be my own Atlas in the meantime to carry my own burdens, to find my own strength, and to stand tall in my own power.

It’s easy to settle for less when you’re tired of searching, but settling is not the answer. Love should not feel like a constant battle for respect, understanding, or stability. It should be a partnership where both people are willing to carry the load, where both are willing to be Atlas for each other.

So, to anyone who is holding onto their own version of Ryle, I urge you to reflect on what you truly want and need in a relationship. It’s okay to walk away from something that isn’t serving you, even if it means facing the unknown. Trust that in letting go, you are making space for the right person to come into your life.

I may still be searching for my Atlas, but I know that leaving Ryle was the first step toward finding the love I deserve. It was an act of courage, self-respect, and hope. And for that, I am proud.

Comments